Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lost and Found by Nicole Williams

Lost and FoundLost and Found by Nicole Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

TOTALLY refreshing and awesome! Readers who love GOOD GUYS will LOVE this NA title! I was totally taken by surprise.

Real review to follow!

First I just want to point out that I stayed up til 12:30 am finishing this book - on a WEEK NIGHT! That means I sacrificed 3 hours of sleep for this book. Right there, that should say it all.

When I started this book I didn't really know what it was going to be about, other than a "troubled girl" and a "ranch hand (cowboy)". Boy it sure turned out be be WAY more than that. One of my favorite lines in the book is Rowen (the main female character) saying that life on the ranch in Montana was pulling the poison out of her body and soul... That pretty much describes the whole book. Rowen believes all the lies people have fed her for years - after a tragic even happens and her mother doesn't believe her and she pretty much goes south from there. We don't see any of this, it's all back ground, but what we do get to see is Rowen falling in love with Jesse and learning to be herself. It was a great thing to watch. Lots of things I didn't see coming provided great surprises during the book.

I can't say enough good things about this book. It is appropriate for older teens, as it is NA but it is NOT graphic - it's actually very sweet. Jesse is one easy guy to fall in love with and I enjoyed watching him be a champion for Rowen.

We do get good glimpses of Jesse too - but not as much as Rowen. There is a sequel, Near and Far, and I haven't decided if I'm going to read it or not. I'm sure it's wonderful, but I'm in such a happy place with how this book ended, I haven't decided if I want to take it further or not yet.

Thanks for the great book, Nicole! I look forward to reading more of your work!

READ IT AND LOVE IT!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment