Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gone (Gone #1) by Michael Grant

Gone (Gone, #1)Gone by Michael Grant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a very interesting take on the classic "kids have to fend for themselves" theme.

I have been thinking about this book since I finished it. I really liked it. It reminds me of some adult books I've read about similiar circumstances... But to be 14 and under and have to deal with all of this is just amazing.

I'll be honest there's a few things I haven't figured out yet, and I'm sure they will reveal themselves in the following books in the series but they are part of what kept me giving this book a solid 5.

Although it is over 500 pages (558) it read REALLY fast. I read it in 2 days... I was worried it would take me forever but I was pleasantly surprised! It is worth whatever time you invest in it.

I loved all the characters. There are too many to name in this review, but the main ones are Sam, Astrid, Caine and Diana. The good and bad characters were a GREAT mix and it all worked really well together. The "mutations" of the kids and the resulting "armies" that emerge are very interesting! Basically the book ends at a standstill between the 2 sides, each having staked a claim on a part of their world, they affectionately call the FAYZ ( ). There's really not much to say about the book without giving away the plot. If you enjoy dystopias, this is worth checking out.

This is definitely a YA title. The characters are all 14 and under and the themes are very MG to MS appropriate. Just beware if you are an adult reading this - there are NO adults in the book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment