Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Breaking Nova by Jesica Sorensen

Breaking Nova (Nova, #1)
Breaking Nova by Jessica Sorensen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazing. Just Amazing. I'm sobbing over here. Cried for like the last 3 chapters. I can't even think about writing a review right now - my throat hurts too much and I can barely see the screen through my tears. I'll bb when I calm down.

Ok, I'm ready to write, I think. This book obviously affected me greatly. I think the thing that got to me the most, is that real people really go through things like the Main Characters did. It's a very real thing to try to drown yourself in drug use and alcohol and avoidance. It's a real thing to blame yourself (and let other blame you) for something that really truly was NOT your fault. Since these circumstances are very real, even tho it was a work of fiction, it really got to me.

Both of our main characters, Nova and Quinton, experience personal tragedies involving death at roughly the same time, although several states apart. They both deal differently but poorly with the outcomes of these events. Quinton ends up with his cousin in Nova's hometown and the 2 meet. They try to stay away from each other out of guilt, but it doesn't really work. We watch the 2 of them spiral down hill, fast, together until one, Nova, finds a way out of her personal hell and begins to learn how to heal and how to deal... leaving the drugs behind...

This book is not intended for those under 18, due to the elicit drug use. But it is a great work of fiction and I highly recommend it. The ending will leave you craving the sequel (which doesn't come out until 2014) so that you can find out what happens to Quinton. It's been 4 days and I still can't stop thinking about this book and what happened to everyone in it.

Make sure you have some time to devote to the emotional roller coaster but seriously, READ IT AND LOVE IT!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment