Thursday, September 26, 2013

Freak of Nature by Julia Crane

Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1)Freak of Nature by Julia Crane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok, sadly, I was disappointed in this one. I don't want to discourage anyone from reading it, but it didn't live up to MY expectations. The cover is gorgeous and for some reason in my mind that equals good book, lol. Clearly I need to adjust my perceptions!

This book was good. And it's going to be a series, so I'll read book 2 to see if it improves but if not I'll be dropping the series.

Julie Crane is an accomplished author so I know that's not the problem. For some reason the characters fell flat. I never invested myself in them the way I do in other books. It was an easy read, i read it in less than one day... It just felt like there were a lot of holes in the story and i was missing a lot of information. I liked Kaitlyn's character, and I loved Lucas, but i never felt like I REALLY got to know them.

Plus the end was just tied up way too neat. And even tho I love a HEA, it was just WAY too easy. Way too easy. And we never got to hear from her one and only friend, Quess, after she returns to the compound. Sometimes you need conflict to enhance the story.

Anyway, like I said, I'll read book two - because I have series' i adore that I didn't care too much for book one! I sincerely hope it improves!

If you read it I hope you like it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment