Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Simply wonderful and unique! On to book 2!

When I started this book, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The cover suggests one topic, but the book goes pretty much the other direction. I was completely intrigued with the characters of Anna, Jay and Kaiden immediately, but I wasn't sure what the point of the book was for about the first 1/3 of the story. But when it all came together, BAM! It all came together major!

This is the story of Nephilium, or children of demons... It is a completely different paranormal subset than I have read before. VERY unique and I applaud Wendy Higgins for finding a unique angle in this very saturated part of the YA market.

I don't want to give anything away in the story, but girl wants boy she can't have who ends up wanting girl but it can't happen, introduce the Dukes of sin, their fathers and youza you have a major party waiting to blow up! It's great watching Anna figure out how to be herself in the midst of all this sin going on... It's refreshing.

Just go read it - because you won't be able to put it down and you'll have to beg, borrow, buy or steal book 2, Sweet Peril, before your head explodes from not knowing what's coming next!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment