Saturday, August 3, 2013

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I read this at the end of June, 2013

5 Stars

I read this book with a group on GoodReads. This book was really wonderful. It is the story of a race of aliens who's home planet was destroyed by another race and 9 children, who develop into wonderful legacies and abilities, and their guardians called Cepan escape to Earth. The "bad guys" followed, them of course. The story line, and they way the lives of these ppl are described is just wonderful. I was fully engrossed! This story specifically follows the life of Number Four. It is age appropriate other than it has a touch of violence at the end during a conflict. But I would be comfortable with my almost 12 y o reading it. I gave it 5 stars for the uniqueness, the ability the book has to pull you in immediately, and for the great writing. I WILL be reading the sequels and as many spin offs as I can find time for. It will be SO very interesting to watch the progress of Four and his other 6 bretheren. READ IT AND LOVE IT!

P.S, this book was made into a movie, but I haven't seen it so I can't say how it compares at all to the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment