Saturday, August 17, 2013

Middle Ground by Katie Kacvinsky

Middle Ground (Awaken, #2)Middle Ground by Katie Kacvinsky
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am just about over these cliff hanger endings... Proper review to come! Excellent book!

I have been pondering why this book took me so long to finish. It wasn't particularly long, and it was very well written. I have come to decide that it was because I love the main character - a lot. She reminds me of both of my daughters in different ways... And watching her go through the hell of the Detention Center was just more than I could take.

That said, this was an excellent sequel to Awaken. You can read my review of that book here if you are interested: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... . This dystopia series is different from others in that much of what happens in the book is already happening now in our society. We constantly become more digital, more on-line, less face to face and are ever striving for faster and immediate satisfaction.

What I like about this series is watching each character discover new things. For Maddie it is the "real" world. Learning to "unplug" as they call it and live in the real and off line world. For Justin it is accepting his past and his feelings for Maddie and to accept that they scare him.

If you are looking for a realistic Dystopia, I highly recommend this one. I doubt that you will be disappointed and I challenge you to NOT fall in love with the characters and their lives!

Make sure you read Awaken first, of course, but I say:

READ IT AND LOVE IT!

P.S. If you find yourself struggling with the section while our heroine, Maddie, is in the Detention Center, have heart and push on - you won't regret it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment