Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hunger (Gone #2) by Michael Grant

Hunger (Gone, #2)Hunger by Michael Grant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reading this book made me ask myself - how do you decide if you like a book or not? It was hard to answer. I'm still not sure if I have figured it out. I really love this series, and I liked this book, but not what happened. Does that makes sense? Probably not!

Anyway, book 2 in the Gone series was absolutely FULL of action, bad decisions and typical human traits, characteristics and hatred. Boy, I can't even think of ONE THING that happened in this book that I liked (until the last 2 pages) or agreed with, not one. These kids are out of control, filled with hate, starving, and in some cases, murderous. And to be honest, when ppl are starving they want someone to blame and they just want food, even if they have to kill for it. And when those ppl are all 14 or under... well - you see where this goes. How can you teach a 5 y o ethics when everyone is starving? Very interesting and difficult topic.

However, after a ton of really really bad stuff happens, there is a small, like 2 page, reprieve at the end where you have a shred of hope, for like 2 seconds. LOL. Yet, even after all of this I'm totally drawn to this series and these kids. Like I have to keep on reading, no matter how depressing it is!

So, you see how I came up with my initial question. How can I like this book when I hated everything that happened? I don't know if I'll ever get that answered.

If you are a fan of dystopias, esp involving children, this is definitely worth checking out!

Read it and tell me if you like it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment