Monday, October 7, 2013

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin 2) by R.L. LaFevers

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)Dark Triumph by R.L. LaFevers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well done Robin LaFevers! Very very well done! If I could give this book an extra star - I would.

There are good books, great book, really great books, and then there are books like this one. Books that change you. Books that make you grin silly, not knowing why. That make you feel funny things in your stomach and heart. Knowing it's the book making it happen, whether or not you know exactly why.

I may give 5 star ratings out more than other readers, but this book truly truly deserves every single one of them. I wish I had a rating for Books That Change Me.

This is the story of Sybella, one of Death's Handmaidens and the horrors she must endure while trying to do what she has been told is the will of her patron saint, Mortain. She comes to know herself, her Saint, and her love as she travels through the story.

This is the 2nd in a series, His Fair Assassins, but I feel you could most likely read it as a stand alone. The first one, Grave Mercy was also excellent and many of the same characters do appear in this story as well. There is also a 3rd on the way, Mortal Heart, and I fully intend to devour it as wholly as I have the first two.

While I do not normally love historical fiction, I am completely taken with this series. Do yourself a favor and give it a try, even if you are not normally a Historical Fiction reader.

READ IT AND LOVE IT!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment