Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Spy In the House (The Agency, #1) by Y.S. Lee

A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1)A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought I was going to have to grin an bear it through this book but it was a total surprise and I really loved it!

This is the story of a girl named Mary who lives in London in the late 1800's. Through tragedy she loses both her mother and father and turns to thievery to survive. Of course she is caught and sentenced to death by hanging. All this at the age of 12! But she is rescued and offered a 2nd chance at a different life. And this is where our story begins.

A clandestine Agency hidden within a school and our heroine Mary's first assignment.

It really was a great story. I was sad at the end because I wanted her to end up with a certain gentleman who goes off to India, but perhaps he will resurface in a later book...

I recommend it if you are looking for a good YA spy novel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment